Blender Class Action Settlement
- Obtain more details in regards to the class action lawsuit entitled Vicki Linneman, et al. v. Vita-Mix Corporation, et al., which is listed as case number 1:15-cv-748.”
- BlenderSettlement.com is administered by JND Legal Administration
- Class members MUST submit claim forms online or postmarked no later than September 28, 2018
Class members in the case contend that certain Vitamin blenders were defective because they deposited tiny black polytetrafluoroethylene (“PTFE”) flecks into blended food and drink. Class members contend that depositing tiny black polytetrafluoroethylene (“PTFE”) flecks into blended food and drink was in breach of express and implied warranties of merchantability, breach of contract, negligent design, engineering, and manufacture, fraud and fraudulent concealment, unjust enrichment, and violation of the Ohio Consumer Sales Practices Act.
Vitamix denies any actions of wrong doing but have agreed to settlement in order to avoid further court cost. Vita-Mix also denies that any of its products were defective in design, manufacture, or engineering and claims that Plaintiffs did not suffer any losses or actual injury.
Class members are defined as “(1) you own a Vitamix household blender with a blade assembly dated on or after January 1, 2007 until October 1, 2016; or (2) if you own a Vitamix commercial blender that was purchased through a third-party such as a dealer, distributor, or restaurant supply store and not directly from Vita-Mix on or after September 15, 2015 but before August 9, 2016 (or before April 7, 2017 in the case of a commercial blender from the XL product line).”
- The Blender Class Action Settlement is not an admission of wrongdoing
- Judge Dlott will decide on the case
- The Blender Settlement hearing will take place on or around March 27, 2018
- All class members who file valid claims will be represented by Bill Markovits from the law firm of Markovits, Stock & DeMarco, LLC
Any questions in regards to the Blender class-action settlement can be directed to toll-free 855) 233-4747 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Class members looking to file the claim form via US Mail should send it to: Blender Settlement c/o JND Class Action Administration, P.O. Box 7028, Broomfield, CO 80021.